Saturday, November 12, 2011

Adding Music to Your Blog

As you can see (top right), I have added music to the blog. I am trying to make your reading experience that much more enjoyable, haha (I pretend to have a huge following). I have been wanting to add music to my blog for some time now, but wasn't able to figure it out. I am no coding genius, but after reading forum, after forum, I think I have it figured out.

Go to: http://grooveshark.com/
Search for your song or artist
After the lists displays, find what you are looking for
From the drop down menu: click share song
Then share as you wish (in my case as a "widget")
Click copy to clipboard
Go to your blog
From your Dashboard
Go to : Design-Page Elements-Add a Gadget-HTML/Javascript-Paste code in content and save

The great thing about this player is that you have the option of playing the music or not. Meaning it won't start up as soon as you enter the blog, I don't want any of you getting caught at work on the internet ;)

.ray.

No comments: