Friday, December 30, 2011

Nestle' Oatmeal Scotchies


I was up until 4 am. Can you believe it? I would love to tell you I was out having ladies night on the town, but that wasn't close to being the case. I went to State College to visit my maids of honor, Jess and Lindsey, and we spent the entire night baking. I don't know when our lives took a turn towards Betty Crocker, but it happened, and I would have to say our fiances and boyfriends couldn't be more pleased. We made over 300 cookies and around a dozen different types.  Scotchies were one of Damon's favorites, so I thought I would provide the recipe. Please enjoy.


Ingredients

    • 1 1/4 cups unsifted flour
    • 1 teaspoon baking soda
    • 1/2 teaspoon salt
    • 1 cup butter, softened
    • 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
    • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
    • 2 eggs
    • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
      • (in our case we accidentally threw in a dash of orange extract-but managed to scoop it out in time)
    • 3 cups Old-Fashioned Quaker oats
    • 1 (11 ounce) packages Nestle Toll House butterscotch-flavored morsels (about 2 cups)

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
  2. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl; set aside.
  3. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
  4. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
  5. Stir in oats and morsels.
  6. Drop by rounded Tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet.
  7. Bake 7 to 8 minutes for chewy cookies, 9 to 10 minutes for crisp cookies.
They were so yummy.

.ray.

No comments: